To support 24x7 network operations by ensuring services availability as per SLA defined at ACL Mobile Ltd. The Role includes carrying out smooth network operations, designing network, maintenance activities, planning and implementing new scalable solutions and support regular audits.
Skill Set :
IT Infrastructure landscape
- Visualize, build, and review overall network architecture through a thorough assessment of the existing IT network infrastructure and future IT capacity requirements to ensure effective and efficient IT network infrastructure is in place
- Bring innovative and right network solutions through constant learnings of latest IT trends to ensure support changing business and saving costs while improving efficiency levels
- Work with ACL affiliates to explore options for leveraging existing IT network infrastructure to save costs and improve operational efficiency
- Capacity planning and review on a regular basis
- Design / Implement system hardening guidelines and security best practices in support of mentioned standards
- Provide network solutions by understanding project requirements, and implement infrastructure to support project execution for delivering business solutions / IT projects
- Requirements gathering (from network perspective) for new initiatives
- Planning and Executing DR Drills
Network Security Management
- Responsibilities includes, updating firewall rules/policies to meet customer requirements, validating that user requests do not allow unauthorized network access, firewall log analysis, troubleshooting network connectivity problem via use of packet captures using packet capture technologies.
- Designs network infrastructure (Physical and Virtual) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient networking systems
- Maintains Cisco and SonicWALL UTM, network devices (switches and routers), Load balancers, Wi-Fi devices
- Capable of creating and updating complex network diagrams
- Experience in working on features like NAT, HA, IDS/IPS
- Experience in working on AAA technologies like RADIUS, TACACS,
- Experience in working on VPN technologies like IKEv1, IKEv2, PKI, SSL VPN, NHRP, GRE over IPsec, Remote Access VPN Clients etc.
- Deep understanding of OSI model & protocols like ARP, TCP, IP, DHCP, DNS, IPSEC, ISAKMP
- Working knowledge of Wireshark
- Expert in design of networking (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Switches, routers, Load Balancers, Proxies).
- Advanced level Network Design with Layer 2, Layer 3 and complex network with fiber and wireless communication
- Sound understanding and experience with protocols/technologies such as: IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTPs, TLS/SSL, IPSec, 802.1x
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of standard operating procedures for Network administration activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of leased line; MPLS; SD-WAN, DDOS protections etc.
- Monitor the availability of Network, troubleshoot for fixing issues, take appropriate recovery actions working with vendors and support teams
- Periodic review of Network utilization, bandwidth management uptime and provide capacity planning report to management
- Proactive analysis of error and access log analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Design configure and monitor backup activities, Network Backups for business-critical devices
- User Access management - Logical access control of users and groups in network environment
- Implementation of policies and security controls and security software patches
- Support Information Security and Audit team to ensure compliance against regulatory as well as security standards
- Ensure continuous monitoring and execution of security controls to safeguard ACL information assets (network infrastructure)
- Coordinates with the Security Operations Center to proactively defend against the known exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure all the knowledge is properly documented and shared with all relevant stake holders to help improve the service
- Coordinate with the other support teams to share the knowledge documents for all issues resolved with Service desk to improve “First Time Resolution”
- To ensure all knowledge documents (SOP’s) are prepared and kept up to date for support teams as ready reference
Vendor Governance & Reporting
- Work with ISP / vendors on new or existing network requirements
- Effective resource utilization of outsourced service. Availability to manage of technical teams for project support
- Periodic review of vendor services through KPI framework. Identification of gap in services, developing action plan and follow up to address gaps
- Timely and effective reporting
- Maintain and report on the budget at regular intervals for effective spending and to support financial reporting.
- Handling and escalating highly impacting operational issues to upper Management and/or 3rd party vendor escalation
Reporting: Head – IT Infrastructure
Experience & Skills
Education: B.Tech. / BCA /MCA
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of hands on relevant experience with the good understanding of network technology (different platforms) and services management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be ITIL and CCNA certified, good to have CCNP.
- Knowledge on network security including proxy, DLP solution will be an added advantage
- Good technical knowledge over the network concepts, should have ability to provide scalable solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, capability to handle technical escalation and providing solution.
- Logical Problem Solving approach and Analytical skills
- Understands customer needs to deliver simple, innovative, cost effective and convenient solutions/services that are valued by both internal and external stakeholders
- Should have an ability to effectively engage, influence and collaborate with external & internal stakeholders.
- Multi-tasking and Decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently in crisis / pressure situation.
- Interact with Engineering teams for designing and implementation of IT infrastructure solutions
- Interactions with Finance team for budget forecasting, maintenance, and reporting
- With business users to provide IT infrastructure support for day to day business operations (including remote)
- Project team for timely support
- With technical key stakeholders for maintenance of server hardware and services for business continuity & services uptime within agreed SLA
- Liaise with vendors for procurements related requirements and after sales services, Vendor escalations
- Effective utilization of existing infrastructure
- Managing multi-vendor model for smooth IT operations
- Stake holders may not give clarity on what they need
- Constantly changing requirements and schedules