Legal Head - India
Bachelor’s degree in law
ACL Mobile, a Sinch Company is looking for a smart and talented business lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving business in India. This is an individual contributor position based in Noida. The role will report to the India legal head.
In this role, you will counsel our sales, product, infosec, telecom, and procurement team on a broad range of legal matters. You will be primarily responsible for advising on business initiatives; providing day-to-day corporate and business law counseling; conducting legal review and advising on privacy and data protection compliances, procedural matters; and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships. You will also be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating day to day as well as complex high value contracts and will be expected to lead the privacy program of the company. You will work independently with various business teams and in coordination with the global legal team.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of commercial contracts, including customer services agreements, telecom contracts, procurement contracts, alliance and partnership agreements, lease agreements. Review tender documents, bids, contract documents for risk analysis and mitigation steps, and accordingly respond to the bids, including government tenders.
• Develop the privacy program for India mirroring the global privacy program and ensure compliance by educating and liaising with cross-functional teams.
• Ensure compliance with telecom regulations and liaison with telecom regulator and telecom service providers.
• Manage relationship and processes with internal and external stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to keep policies current and impart legal training to stakeholders.
• Work with legal leadership and team members to develop practice standards and department processes, effectively communicate legal and policy issues in a timely and proactive manner.
• Impeccable integrity - ethical and honest in all respects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Should be able to work independently with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams. Decision making ability and attention to detail.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in law from a premiere law college with 10 to 12 years of relevant experience in technology and telecom sector.
• Combination of in-house experience with a multinational and private practice experience.
• Demonstrated privacy and data protection competency. DSCI/IAPP certified privacy professionals are preferred.
• Strong subject matter knowledge and foundation in commercial law and contract negotiation.